7/13/09

An Incredible Opportunity

I was only three years old when Neil Armstrong set foot on the moon and, with the 40th anniversary of that event looming a couple of days, I (and you guys) can experience the mission in real time. The website We Own the Moon is providing "live" coverage of this event, as it occurred 40 years ago through a variety of media, including the web, Twitter and desktop monitoring of the Apollo 11 mission that first put man on the moon. Although I couldn't easily follow the progress of the mission with the rest of the world, I am told I toddled out there on July 20th, 1969 and asked why I couldn't see the astronauts. I am darn sure that I am going to go for the whole buffet this time. Don't miss out on a a unique historical experience of one of the greatest achievements of mankind!

No comments: